Saturday, June 13, 2009

Santillana Del Mar

I was SUPER excited to see the mock-cave museum of the Alimira cave paintings, paintings in caves done by the Cro-magnum people 20,000 years ago... But the mock cave wasn't nearly as cool as I thought it would be. Sister and I were laughing kind of a the whole set up, and especially at the cartoons for children so they could understand what they were seeing. Honestly it was kind of a let down, but- it's okay. The real caves were closed about 30 years ago due to the carbon dioxide that people breathe out-- started damaging the paintings. There are cave paintings all over the northern coast of Spain! This I did not know. But there's at least over 20.

And I love croquetas. And that was the best blue cheese I've ever had in my life. Ohhh, Spain food...

And I thought my father would appreciate this..





This was our 16th century palace-transformed into a hotel- accomodation. Awesome.


Paella anyone?








above 5 pictures- sister's pictures. To see more, click here

No comments: