Monday, August 17, 2009

Miss Kaysville/Fruit Heights

Kurt and I went to go support Mallory in hopes of her becoming Miss Kaysville Fruit Heights. And she did it.
And she just donated her kidney to her older brother Andy. That is her "platform" -- organ donation-- she wants the world to be educated on how important and how needed it is. She donated it LAST WEEK!
And she was in a lot of pain but sooo happy. She is calling her sister to tell her the great news.
and she won 5 trophies. And the crown. And now she gets to compete for Miss Utah. I am so proud of her, she's one of my best friends. I'm glad she doesn't live in Arizona anymore.

1 comment:

Kandice said...

There was a really good news article on this that would be good to include in this post. I just read it today and it is an amazing story. Good for her!