Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Back Again
Well, I just got back from another amazing adventure. I was in Andalucia (Southern Spain). 8 other Erasmus students and myself went to Sevilla, Granada, and Cordoba. And it was amazing. Unfortunately it rained on us for one of the days in Cordoba and was on and off in Sevilla, but overall it was so great. Sevilla we just explored the streets and admired the Flamenco dresses in the windows. Unfortunately watching Flamenco didn't work out... Oh well. In Granada we enjoyed the Cathedral and LOVED the Alhambra, and LOVED all the Moorish shops where I bought some awesome shoes for myself and my cousin Lisa that were hand made in Morocco, and went on a free walking tour lead by an American from Texas/Oregon who was really awesome. He makes a living 100% off of donations he gets every day. That is his job. He's been living in Granada for 8 months now. Catalunya and Tarragona are great... but wow, I was envious of everyone who lives there and who has ever lived in Granada (Sister). Then we were off to Cordoba. I was not impressed with the city of Cordoba. I attended a Catholic church service on Sunday... quite different than what I'm used to, there was an acoustic guitar player with about 5 or 6 people singing gospel songs while things were going on. All the girls were staring at me because I had my huge back pack on with shoes dangling off my purse and my hair was all messy compared to their elaborate dresses and things... And we went to the Mezquita. Wow. Okay, I learned about this building my senior year in high school. And since that day I told myself I would see this building. And now I have seen it. And it was 100% incredible. I had permanent chills, my eyes watered... admiring this mosque built in the late Islamic period. Pictures are on the way from both trips. This Saturday it looks like I will be on my blog and facebook all day. I am done traveling now until Sister gets here at the end of May, beginning of June. Well I had one great trip. I am constantly wondering why I have the most awesome life and what I did to deserve it.. I am so lucky. I love my life so much. Yes there are things that make me jealous every now and then- like seeing a mother hug their child and all my friend's skiing pictures- but Spain is so great. I am so happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh jess i am so excited about the shoes! i can't wait for them! it looks like you had a wonderful time in southern spain. i too, cried when i saw the mezquita. funny thing..cordoba was my favorite city. i thought the food was incredible. love you cuz. thanks again for the shoes! keep havin' fun!
Post a Comment